Hello and welcome to my personal blog where I share different crafts, DIY projects, and paintings that I’ve created.
I’m a Midwestern girl from Chicago who has always created artwork and tried out the latest craft craze. In middle school I took art and science classes more seriously than your average student, which lead me to attend the Biomedical Visualization graduate program at UIC. In the program I was taught how to turn complex scientific and medical concepts into educational tools. You can see examples of my medical illustration work on my other blog here. Since graduation I’ve moved into less of a creative role at work and more of a management role. While I enjoy aspects of project management, I find myself craving creative projects still. Thus, this blog was born. It’s a way for me to still share and try out new crafts, drawings, and paintings.
A little more about me:
- Watercolor painting and crochet are my current art/craft obsessions.
- I have two cats named after Lord of the Rings characters – Eowyn and Shadowfax.
- One time at the vet the receptionist spelled Shadowfax as “SHADOW FACTS,” which has now become an inside joke with my family.
- Science & Art are kind of my thing.
- I’m pretty active on Goodreads. Mystery thriller as well as Fantasy are my favorite book genres.
- A goal of mine is to do more urban sketching and watercolor painting around the city this summer.
Hopefully I’m able to inspire readers of my blog to try out a project they wouldn’t normally gravitate towards.
Feel free to reach out to me through the Contact page with any questions, comments, or just to chat.
Thank you for stopping by!
– Happy creating
Bonus for stopping by and reaching the end of the page…embarrassing pics of my two fur faces. Enjoy!